“Tri with David” Prize Draw RULES
This document sets out the rules for this Prize Draw. Make sure you read them carefully and understand them all before you enter.
Barclays is running a Prize Draw giving you a chance to win a place in a triathlon with Paralympian David Weir during the Superhero Tri, to be held August 19th 2017 at Dorney Lake, England. A second prize of a free triathlon entry to the Superhero Tri will also be offered. By entering, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. “Barclays”, “we”, “us” and “ours” means Barclays Bank PLC. “The Promoter” means Barclays.
Who may enter?
2. The Prize Draw is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. You are not eligible for the Prize Draw if you are employed by Barclays or you are materially connected to the administration of the Prize Draw.
How to enter
3. You can enter the Prize Draw from April 24th until 23:59 pm April 30th 2017. Entries made after this time will not be valid.
4. Entry into the Prize Draw is free. For a chance to win the first or second prize, you may either send a tweet using #TriWithDavid @BarclaysUK, or by commenting on the Barclays Facebook post.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. Lost, delayed, undelivered, incomplete or multiple entries will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
7. Entries with obscenities, of a defamatory nature, those that include any personal details (eg address or bank details), or infringe any third party rights will be excluded from the Prize Draw.
8. The first prize winner will be provided with a free triathlon entry for the Celebrity Superhero Triathlon as part of David Weir’s team, for any of the three legs of the tri. The Prize draw winner is responsible for their own expenses incurred in connection with the Prize, including travel and accommodation expenses.
9. The second prize winner with be provided with a free triathlon team entry, which can be used for any combination of people provided at least one identifies with having a disability (entrants must follow the qualification rules as set out by the series organiser on their web site:www.superheroseries.co.uk) The Prize draw winner is responsible for their own expenses incurred in connection with the Prize, including travel and accommodation expenses.
10. The Prize has no cash equivalent, and no alternatives will be offered. The Prize and participation in the Prize Draw cannot be exchanged or transferred. However, in the event that the Prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
Selecting the winners
11. The winners will be drawn on the 1st of May 2017, and will be chosen by aggregating data across both channels and choosing winners randomly.
12. The Promoter will try to notify the winners by replying to their comment on Twitter or Facebook post by 17:00pm on 1st of May 2017.
13. The Promoter can replace any entrant selected as the winner if:
14. The Promoter’s selection of the winners is final. The name and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who emails the following address email@example.com stating their request, within twenty eight (28) days of the published closing date. No other correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to publish names, photographs and county of the winners or to publicise the Prize-giving presentation after the date of the draw.
16. The Promoter will only collect, store and use your personal information, such as name, age, telephone number and email address for the purposes of entering you into and administering the Prize Draw as set out in these rules, and not for any other purpose without your consent. This will not affect any existing marketing preferences that you have registered with Barclays.
17. By entering the Prize Draw, you consent that your personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to administer the Prize Draw. We will never pass your information to any third party for them to use in their own direct marketing, without your consent.
18. Your personal information will be held on record for a short period of time as necessary to administer the Prize Draw and then securely destroyed.
19. To the extent permitted by law, neither Barclays nor the Promoter will be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with the Prize Draw (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading or accessing any materials), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control.20. The Prize Draw is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. You agree to release Twitter and Instagram from any liability associated with this Prize Draw.21. This Prize Draw is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the products or retailers featured in the prizes. Trademarks, logos and names of the products and retailers are the property of the respective owner.
22. By entering the Prize Draw you consent to Barclays using your entry by posting it on various social media sites and for other reasonable marketing purposes connected to this prize draw.
23. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter may choose to withdraw or amend the Prize Draw.
24. By submitting an entry, you warrant that all information submitted as part of the entry is true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries.
25. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of this Prize Draw.
The Promoter is Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5HP