FULL ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. Those who are on a football banning order, or are banned from any sports events or on a list of known football “hooligans” are not allowed to enter into this Promotion or win the Prize. It is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure that their guests are not subject to these restrictions. Failure to comply will result in the forfeit of the whole Prize.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion opens at 00:01 BST on 19th October 2017, and will close at 23.59 GMT on 1st November 2017
4. No purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion. However, internet access and a valid Twitter account is required.
5. To Enter: Take a picture of your 6 “Nominated Flag Carriers” (aged 14-20) showing how excited you all would be to attend a UEFA Champions League match. Then:
a) Log on to your Twitter account (or create one for free at www.twitter.com) and follow @NissanUK
b) Tweet your picture taken including the hashtag #TooExcitedTo and #thesun to be entered into the Prize Draw
6. Twitter entries that do not contain both hashtags will not be valid.
7. Only one entry per person.
8. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure their Twitter account is set to ‘Public’ in order to allow relevant details to be extracted for entry in to the Promotion. The Promoter is not responsible for any failure to extract details from accounts which have not been set up as required.
9. Entrants must have consent from anyone featured in the photo before they enter this Promotion.
10. Twitter has file size limits and video specifications that need to be followed. Please see https://dev.twitter.com/rest/media/uploading-media for more details.
12. Entrants must continue to follow @NissanUK after the end of the Promotion Period and have their profile settings to ‘Public’ in order to be contacted if selected as a Winner.
13. All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid, and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries.
14. The Prize: One (1) Winner will win 6 pairs of tickets to the UEFA Champions League (UCL) match, Chelsea F.C. versus Club Atlético de Madrid on Tuesday 5th December 2017 at Stamford Bridge. Each pair of tickets consists of one (1) Nominated Flag Carrier ticket and one (1) accompanying adult ticket (under 18’s must be accompanied by a legal guardian). The six Nominated Flag Carriers (aged 14-20) will go onto the pitch during the pre-match ceremony to carry the official flag. See clause 17 for further Prize details.
15. Winner Selection: Entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion will be entered into a Prize Draw to select the Winner (“Winner”) which will be conducted by an independent adjudicator within 3 working days of the closing date.
16. Winner Notification: The Winner will be contacted via a direct message on Twitter within 48 hours of Winner Selection. The Winner will be required to respond to confirm eligibility in connection with the Prize including the full names of all guests, the dates of birth of all Nominated Flag Carriers and a contact number and email address of the Winner plus acceptance of the Prize within 72 hours of initial contact. In the event that a Winner does not respond to communications within 72 hours of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that Winner and the Prize will be allocated to an alternate entrant selected as the Winner in accordance with Condition 15, who will have 48 hours to respond.
17. Additional Prize details and conditions – UCL Tickets
a) The Prize includes:
i. 6x pairs of tickets to the UEFA Champions League Group Stage match, Chelsea F.C. versus Club Atlético de Madrid on 05/12/17
ii. Each pair of tickets consists of 1x Nominated Flag Carrier ticket (aged 14-20) & 1x accompanying adult ticket
iii. A Nissan branded tracksuit for the Nominated Flag Carriers. The following sizes are available: 14-year-old, small, medium, large and extra-large.
b) Any medical conditions, affecting the Winner’s Nominated Flag Carriers, are required to be detailed to the Promoter by the Winner upon initial contact under Condition 16. Due to the nature of the activity involved, the Promoter reserves the right to restrict the participation of a Nominated Flag Carrier if it deems the activities as a risk to their medical condition. Under such circumstances, the Winner will be permitted to nominate a different eligible Flag Carrier.
c) The Winner and/or guests may be required to provide proof of age and identity (in the form of a passport or photo driving licence (where applicable) and any documentation as reasonably required by the Promoter to validate their eligibility to claim the Prize;
d) The Winner and guests will be expected to comply with any third-party terms and conditions that form part of the Prize, including but not limited to UEFA Champions League Tickets Standard Terms and Conditions, and the relevant football stadium;
e) The Nominated Flag Carriers must be aged 14-20;
f) Nominated Flag Carriers aged under 18 must be accompanied by their legal guardians. The inclusion of a legal guardian will count towards the ticket allocation;
g) The Promoter will contact the Winner to explain the procedures and regulations surrounding the activities of the Nominated Flag Carriers at least one week prior to the match day.
h) The Winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred during the match, including, without limitation, costs of transport, food and drinks;
i) The Winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest whilst enjoying the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the Winner and/or guest from participation in the Prize if the Winner and/or their guest fail to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the Winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others;
j) It is the Winner’s responsibility to provide correct details and the Promoter shall not be responsible for claims/ that Prize or the Additional Prizes which are lost due to the provision f incorrect or incomplete details;
k) The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable unless otherwise stated and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. In the event for any reason a Winner chooses not to take any element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the Prize will be forfeited and there will be no cash or other alternative offers, unless otherwise agreed. If due to unforeseen circumstances the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another Prize, at its sole discretion, of equal or higher value;
l) The Winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs for either them or their guest;
m) The Prize does not include: domestic travel/transportation, additional food or beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs;
n) Winners will be sent their tickets in time for the Match Day and are only valid for the Match shown; and
o) Any items, costs or arrangements not explicitly stated in this Terms and Conditions are the responsibility of the Winner to arrange;
18. If for any reason either the Promotion or a football match is not capable of running as planned, such as cancellation or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may at its sole discretion substitute the Prize (or any part of the Prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part of the prize) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
IMAGE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
20. The Entrant agrees to and understands that entries will be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on the internet. Whether or not entries are published on the internet, the Promoter does not covenant or guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any images.
21. Each entry must be an original creation of the Entrant which is under no restriction, of whatsoever nature, that will prevent the Promoter’s use of the image. Any photo entries deemed by the Promoter to be blasphemous; obscene or racist in comment will be disqualified. Each entry must be free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties. The Entrant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that nothing in the image infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the entrant unless with a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which is required upon submission). The Entrant also agrees that nothing in the entry violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary permissions have been secured including releases from all persons appearing in the entry. The Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Promoter and its officers, directors, employees, and affiliated organisations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by the Entrant of these terms and conditions or the warranties and representations made by the Entrant in this entry. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as the original creation of the Entrant.
22. By submitting the entry, the Entrant agrees, in consideration for entry into the Promotion, to grant to the Promoter all intellectual property rights in the image and each of its constituent parts, which rights include, without limitation, the right to edit, publish, make available to the public and/or reproduce the image through any media available at any time during, or after, the Promotion Period on any related websites, in any promotional materials, whether related or unrelated to the Promotion, and at any other location, whether physical or online, that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate and necessary for the operation of this Promotion. In addition, the Entrant warrants that any so called “moral rights” in the entry have been waived and the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use any ideas from any entry or other submitted materials, whether or not the Entrant has been awarded a Prize in connection with any such entry or other materials.
23. The Entrant is responsible for securing necessary permissions, talent and location releases, and licenses for any visual material contained in the entry.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any expenses incurred in the production and delivery of the entry.
25. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion as the Entrant.
26. The Promoter, Twitter and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Releases”) are not responsible for:
a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information;
b) human error;
c) technical malfunctions;
d) failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limitation any injury or damage to a participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
e) inability to access or post the image or video to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or via email;
f) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or
g) data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any web site (including Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) or for any other reason whatsoever; typographical, printing or any other errors.
27. Proof of posting to Twitter is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible and incomplete entries and mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be acknowledged. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render the Entrant ineligible.
28. Entrants must enter the Promotion using their legal name. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any Prize they may have won. The Promoter will verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter will require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
29. All entries must be made by the Entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. A Prize allocated to a Winner who are subsequently disqualified will not be reallocated.
30. Where a Winner has been found to be in breach of any of these terms and conditions and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, the Promoter may enforce its right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to the Promoter such part of any Prize (even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the Entrant or Prize Winner in question).
31. The Winner is prohibited from reselling any tickets won or reselling any other element of their Prize.
32. Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in the Promotion and/or take the Prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each Entrant.
33. Winners’ names and counties will be available through contacting Nissan Motor (GB) Limited by post. Please send stamped, self-address envelope to the following address: Nissan Motor (GB) Limited, The Rivers Office Park, Denham Way, Maple Cross, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 9YS. Winners’ names and counties can be obtained within 6 weeks of the end of the relevant Draw.
34. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek the recovery of the Prize, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these terms and conditions. In addition, neither the Winner nor their guest may be on any list held by the authorities in their home country banning attendance at football matches.
35. The Promoter is not responsible for any late, misdirected or incomplete entries, or effects of hackers, failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions and/or network connections, nor are they responsible for any inaccuracies in information or any technical or human error which may occur in processing the entries.
36. The Promoter, and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any errors that are beyond the control of the Promoter. In the event the Promotion is compromised by any cause beyond the control of the Promoter (including, but not limited to, hackers and viruses) which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security or fairness of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate all or part of the Promotion.
37. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or The Sun. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, and that Twitter has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
38. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if, for circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the stated Prize is no longer available.
39. The Promoter and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry, generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the Promoter, will be disqualified.
40. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims suffered by the Winner or their guest as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting any prize. Save in relation to liability arising out of (a) death or personal injury arising from the Promoter’s negligence, and/or (b)fraud (which shall not be limited or excluded), the Promoter disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person relating to or resulting from participation in connection with the Promotion.
41. The decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
42. This Promotion is governed by the English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: NISSAN MOTOR (GB) LIMITED, THE RIVERS OFFICE PARK, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 9YS, Company No. 02514418