Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to participating Shop Small businesses, who are residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. To enter, Shop Small businesses must display the ‘Shop Small’ signage from the summer campaign.
3. No purchase necessary. Internet access and a valid Instagram account required.
4. Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 BST on the 17 May 2021 and 23:59 BST on the 25 June 2021, inclusive.
5. To Enter: Log into your Instagram account (or create one for free) and upload a picture of yourself with the ‘Shop Small’ signage on display in your shop, tagging @AmericanExpressUK and using hashtag #ShopSmallUK to enter.
6. You must have your Instagram profile on a public setting to enter & for four weeks after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
7. Maximum one entry per participating Shop Small business. Maximum one prize per person.
8. The Prizes: 10 x winners will each win a hamper with items from a selection of participating Shop Small businesses worth up to £100.
9. Further Entry & Prize Details & Conditions:
a. Anyone featured in your photo must have provided their consent prior to entry and must be aged 18+.
b. Only entries which include the promotional hashtag and American Express tag will be valid.
c. Entrants must only submit images that are their own work.
d. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
e. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion for up to one year. Each entrant also grants the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
10. Winner Selection: 10 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by an independent promotional verification service, within five working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
11. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via the Instagram account used on entry within five working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that the winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner. If the winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
12. Prize Acceptance: The winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winner will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing AmexSS@promowinners.com. In the event that the winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
13. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions;
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
14. Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by the Promoter at www.promowinners.com/AmexSS one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during the Winner Notification process. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
15. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the Promotion. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and/or that they are not employed by the Promoter or its Agent) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, corrupted or affected the administration, security or integrity of the Promotion, tampered with the entry process, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
17. It is the responsibility of the participant to provide their correct, up-to-date details when entering the Promotion and/or confirming acceptance of the prize in order for their prize to be processed. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
18. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
19. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
20. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram or Twitter.
21. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram nor Twitter, and that neither Instagram nor Twitter has any liability for any element of this Promotion.
22. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
23. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
24. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
25. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
27. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
28. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
29. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
30. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Where American Express Services Europe Limited services are issued in the United Kingdom but obtained within the Economic European Area, local rules may apply to the way that it conducts its business which can be enforced by that country’s applicable regulatory authority.