Please note, all 250 vouchers have now been claimed, therefore no more shirts can be exchanged at the Superstore.
American Express Shirt Buy-Back
American Express is launching a new Shirt Buy-Back initiative to celebrate 10 seasons of support for Brighton & Hove Albion. The first 250 fans will be able to swap a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt from the past 10 years in exchange for a voucher that covers the cost of a brand-new shirt for the 22/23 season, once the new kit launches in summer 2022.
The announcement of a new season’s kit sees fans rush to get hold of the latest strip, so this year American Express is encouraging fans to give their old shirts a new home. Exchanged shirts will be donated to the charity KitAid.
The Shirt Buy-Back initiative will begin on 23 May after the Club’s final game against West Ham, and concludes on 29 May, and will see 250 fans given the chance to exchange their old Albion shirt for a new one.
Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK only, under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. 250 vouchers available on first-come, first-served basis between 11:00 23/05/22 and 16:00 29/05/22. Only one voucher available max per person. Shirts must be official shirts from 2011/2012 to 2021/2022 season only; in wearable condition (no holes, tears, significant stains) and brought to the Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore (in-store) to receive a voucher to the value of a full price Home/Away Brighton & Hove Albion 2022/23 football shirt. No purchase necessary. Vouchers redeemable at Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore only, and can be redeemed once the new season kit has launched in summer of 2022, until 31 October 2022 only. Visit www.promoterms.com/AmexShirtBuyBack for full T&Cs & details. Promoter: American Express, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, under 18s must be accompanied by an adult, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion in terms of its planning or delivery.
2. No purchase necessary; however a wearable (with no holes, tears or significant stains) official Brighton & Hove Albion FC (“BHAFC”) shirt from the 2011/12 season through to the current 2021/22 season, including Home/Away/Thirds/Goalkeeper shirts, Men’s/Women’s/Junior MUST be exchanged in order to receive a voucher.
3. Promotion Period: 250 x vouchers available on a first come first served basis only, between 11:00 BST on 23 May 2022 and 16:00 BST on 29 May 2022 inclusive. No vouchers will be available after this time.
4. To Claim: Bring your old official BHAFC football shirt to the Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore (in-store) to receive a voucher to the value of a full price Adult Home/Away shirt redeemable at the Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore (in-store only). Voucher can only be redeemed once the new season kit has launched in summer of 2022.
5. Maximum of 1 Claim / voucher is permitted per person during the Promotion Period.
6. The Voucher: Each claimant (up to a maximum of 250) will receive 1 x voucher to the value of a full price Adult Home/Away shirt, redeemable at the Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore (in-store only).
7. Further Claim Details and Conditions:
a. The shirt can be any official BHAFC shirt from the 2011/12 season through to 2021/22 season and includes Home/Away/Thirds/Goalkeeper shirts, as well as Men’s/Women’s/Junior. The shirt must be in a wearable condition, to be decided at the absolute discretion of the Superstore retail staff (no holes, tears, or significant stains). The Superstore retail staff reserve the right to reject any shirts which in their reasonable opinion are unwearable, or which are unofficial replicas.
b. The claimant will relinquish the old shirt, in return for a voucher to the value of a full price Adult Home/Away new season shirt, redeemable at the Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore only when the new kit is launched in the summer of 2022 (in-store only)
c. The voucher can only be exchanged for a 2022/2023 season Home/ Away BHAFC Women’s/ Men’s/Junior shirt. Goalkeeper and Thirds shirts are excluded.
d. Vouchers can only be exchanged when the new 2022/23 season kit has been launched and not before. Vouchers are valid until 31 October 2022 only.
8. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you claim a voucher pursuant to this Promotion in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your claim will be rejected, your voucher will be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from claiming future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of claimants by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. A voucher may be withheld until verification is completed.
b. Disqualify claims that are not made directly by the individual participating in the Promotion.
c. Disqualify bulk claims from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete claims and claims submitted by macros or other automated means.
d. Disqualify claims beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
e. Disqualify claimants who tamper with the entry process.
f. Disqualify claims which, in some other way, do not meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
g. Cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should it not be capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion.
9. The vouchers are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a voucher is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that voucher for another of equal or greater value.
10. No responsibility can be taken for claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be performed for any technical, delivery or other reason. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the Brighton & Hove Albion Superstore (in-store or online).
11. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion (JS12929) or accepting or using the voucher, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
12. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances.
14. If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
15. By claiming a voucher in exchange for an old BHAFC shirt, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
16. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
17. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: American Express, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX.
© Copyright PromoVeritas Ltd 2022. All rights reserved.
1. This document has been created for a specific promotion. If used for a different promotion, it may not be fit for purpose.
2. Changes made to this document will not be binding on PromoVeritas unless agreed in writing by us. It is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any such changes, as this may affect the legality, operation and delivery of the Promotion.
3. Unauthorised copying of this document in whole or in part will constitute an infringement of copyright.