Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom aged between 18 and 25, studying on an Eligible UK University Course (please see clause 2), excluding the Promoter’s employees, their immediate families, or anyone professionally associated with this Promotion. Those with unspent convictions are not eligible to enter.
2. Eligible UK University Courses: Courses related to the following categories: Business; Management; Marketing; Hospitality, Leisure, Tourism and Transport; Activity Leadership; Sports Administration and Governance; Sports Coaching; Leisure Operations and Management; Physiotherapy; Spectator Safety; Sport and Exercise Science; Sports Journalism; Sports Performance; Sports Photography; Sport Management or Sport Psychology. The courses that will be accepted are at the discretion of the Promoter.
3. Purchase is not necessary; however, internet access is required.
4. Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 GMT on the 18th January 2020 and 23.59 GMT on the 15th February 2020 inclusive.
5. To Enter: Visit www.promoentries.com/BackedBy to provide your details (which subject you are studying, the name of your university, name, email address and phone number), and upload a 30 second video and a 200 word written entry telling us why you want to have a career in football or sports management and why you deserve to be a part of the ‘Backed By’ Brighton & Hove Albion two-day programme. All valid entries will be entered into a prize draw to select 500 shortlisted entries. Those shortlisted entries will be judged to select 3 winners.
6. All 30 second videos must be a maximum of 40Mb in size and must be uploaded in one of the following formats:
c. .flv; or
7. Maximum of one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
8. The Prizes: Three winners will each win access to the ‘Backed By’ Brighton & Hove Albion two-day programme. The two-day programme includes the following (may be subject to change):
a. Arrival at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre (the Amex Training Ground).
b. Welcome in the Media and Tactics room and a tour of the Amex Training Ground.
c. Lunch in the academy dining room.
d. Introduction to key members of the Amex Training Ground staff.
e. Insight into how sponsors work with Brighton and Hove Albion FC.
f. Q&A about how the media works with Brighton and Hove Albion FC.
g. Opportunity to meet club management.
h. Pre-match tour of the American Express Community Stadium: a look at the control room, meet with camera operators, key areas of interest in and around the stadium.
i. Meetings with key Brighton and Hove Albion stadium staff.
j. Hospitality in the American Express Lounge including a matchday programme, food and drinks.
k. The chance to watch the match fixture occurring during the prize dates, or as otherwise specified by the Promoter if the fixture changes.
9. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The prize is anticipated to be conducted between the 13th and 14th March 2020. However, dates of the prize and the match fixture are subject to change. The Promoter will advise winners of confirmed dates and a more detailed itinerary during the course of Winner Notification (as outlined in clause 13).
b. A condition of accepting the Prize is that the winners must be available on 13th – 14th March 2020, or as otherwise specified by the Promoter if these dates change. If the date is changed and the winner cannot attend on the new date, then the promoter reserves the right to invite the next runner-up.
c. For any winner residing more than 50 miles away from the Prize venues, the prize will include UK travel via the most economical mode of transport for the Promoter and accommodation in a hotel on a bed and breakfast basis between 12th & 14th March 2020 (or as otherwise specified by the Promoter if these dates change) on request.
d. For any winner residing less than 50 miles away from the Prize venues, the prize may include UK travel via the most economical mode of transport for the Promoter and accommodation in a hotel on a bed and breakfast basis between 12th & 14th March 2020 (or as otherwise specified by the Promoter if these dates change) on request. The decision regarding whether this will be granted will be at the discretion of the Promoter and considered depending on the location of each winner.
e. Winners will each be provided with £40 towards any other expenses.
f. A condition of accepting the Prize is that the winners must agree not to publish any content in relation to the Prize or release any information to the public until the time specified by the Promoter.
g. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
h. The winners must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
i. The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
j. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
k. Winners are responsible for the behaviour of themselves whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winners from participation in any aspect of the Prize if they fail to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner acts in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
l. Winners understand that they must abide by the venue rules set out by Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club for all venues that they attend whilst taking the prize, and must comply with the Club’s Home Match tickets and Ground Regulations which can be found at: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com under Terms & Conditions of Sale.
10. Winner Selection: All valid entries received during the Promotion Period (subject to moderation) will be entered into a random prize draw to select 500 shortlisted entries (“Entry Selection”). The prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 2 working days of the close of the Promotion Period. The 500 shortlisted entries will then be judged by an independent third party within 2 working days of Entry Selection to select 20 finalist entries based on the following criteria:
a. Does the entry display an interest in a career in football or sports management?
b. Does the entry display an excellent level of presentation and written skills?
c. Does the entry provide a compelling reason as to why they deserve to be a part of the ‘Backed By’ Brighton & Hove Albion programme?
11. Finalist Notification: All 20 finalists will be contacted on the email address and/or phone number provided on entry within 5 days of the close of the Promotion Period. In order to proceed to the Finalist Judging phase, all finalists must provide a scanned copy of their university identification, complete the provided shortlist form and sign a provided disclaimer by email within 5 days of Finalist Notification. If a finalist does not provide sufficient identification or return the disclaimer within this timeframe, they will be disqualified, and no reserve finalists will be selected.
12. Finalist Judging: All eligible finalist entries (where student ID, shortlist form and signed disclaimers have been provided) will be judged by a panel of judges, within 10 days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 3 winners based on the same criteria.
13. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted on the email address and/or phone number provided on entry within 3 days of Finalist Judging and will be required to respond to confirm acceptance of the Prize within 5 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 5 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
14. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
b. defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners);
c. promotes any political agenda.
15. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winners will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Backed By WL 2020” after one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. The winners may object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by sending an email to email@example.com. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
16. If an entrant wishes to withdraw their entry, they should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason the Prize or any part of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
18. By accepting the Prize, all winners hereby grant the Promoter (or the Promoter’s designee) the exclusive right to use their entries for reasonable PR purposes as well as film, tape, sound record and photograph all their activities in connection with the Promotion and the Prizes. Everything filmed, taped or recorded by the Promoter (or the Promoter’s designee) shall be known as “Footage”. All winners hereby irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter with full title guarantee (and by way of present assignment of present and future rights) all intellectual property rights in any “Footage” throughout the world for a period of 5 years.
19. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, dishonesty or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries
20. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant’s fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize has been awarded
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion, accepting a Prize or attending the two day programme, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
22. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
23. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
24. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
26. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
28. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 01833139 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
© Copyright PromoVeritas Ltd 2020. All rights reserved.