Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of Sussex, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access is required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 BST on the 3 September 2021 and 23.59 BST on the 19 September 2021 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Visit https://www.moreradio.online/bhafc-community-heroes/bhafc-community-heroes/ and complete the online form with your nomination of who you believe has been a ‘Community Hero’ based on their efforts over the last 10 years, explaining within 100-250 words your reasoning for your nominee to be entered into the Competition. Given the nature of the Promotion nominations will be accepted of people who are alive and who have sadly passed away. Complete the online form to provide your details name, email address, and contact telephone number and the name and contact telephone number of the person you are nominating. You must ensure you have obtained positive consent from your nominee before entering. Your nominee must also be aged 18 or over.
5. An entrant may make more than 1 nomination provided it is a new entry per each nomination. No person may win more than 1 Prize.
6. The Prizes: There will be a total of 10 winners. Each winner will win x2 VIP hospitality tickets to watch Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle in the Premier League on Saturday 6th November from the Amex Lounge at the American Express Community Stadium and be honoured on a seat in the Amex Lounge in the stadium.
a. If a winner has sadly passed away, the nominator will receive the x2 VIP hospitality tickets to watch Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle in the Premier League on Saturday 6th November from the Amex Lounge at the American Express Community Stadium.
7. Further Entry Details and Conditions:
a. You must nominate someone who has made a significant contribution to people or places within the Brighton and Sussex area at any time over past 10 years.
b. The person you nominate must be a current resident of the Brighton and Sussex area.
c. You must ensure that the comments are true, accurate and balanced.
d. You must not include content that contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery.
e. You must not condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour and not cause offence on the grounds of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age.
f. You must not include any content that infringes or violates the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights, excluding that of the Promoter.
g. You agree to grant the Promoter in perpetuity a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in your entry for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website, social channels, in any publicity, advertisement or case study carried out by or on behalf of the Promoter in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion (“the Media”).
h. You agree to the inclusion, publication, reproduction and/or other use of your entry as well as your name, voice, statements and/or photograph or video or other likeness, without further notice or compensation, in any Media.
i. You agree to grant the Promoter the right to adapt, modify, and use any or all parts of the entry. You also agree to grant the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. You hereby represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of your entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
8. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. You cannot nominate yourself.
b. The winners will be subject to a name check against any Club, venue or sporting Banning Orders as well as the National Police Database for those who may be subject to a court banning order.
c. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
d. The prize is valid for the winner and 1 guest.
e. Only the nominated person will be honoured on a seat in the Amex lounge in the stadium.
f. Each winner will have their name honoured on one seat.
g. The x2 tickets will include access to the Amex Lounge, a three-course meal, beer, wine, soft drinks, tea and coffee. Car parking will be available subject to availability.
h. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
i. You and your guest must abide by any relevant terms and conditions which form part of the prize. Whilst at the event/venue, you must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, underage, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, carry candles, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage the venue or smoke. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
j. You and your guest must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the venue/s which form part of your prize. It is your responsibility to ensure that you take care when moving around the event/venue.
k. Redemption of prize is subject to Government guidelines and lockdown measures which can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
l. If Government guidelines restrict redemption of the prizes in their current form, Promoter will work with the winners to discuss moving the prize to a later date or issuing an alternative prize.
9. Winner Selection: All valid entries received during the Promotion Period (subject to moderation) will be independently judged by PromoVeritas within 5 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 25 shortlisted entries based on the following criteria:
a. The level of positive impact that the person has had on the community.
b. How original or imaginative the person was in the way they went above and beyond.
c. Nominee demonstrates passion and care for the community or those around them.
d. The heartfelt nature of the nomination.
The shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel of judges with representatives from Brighton & Hove Albion, Albion in the Community, American Express and More Radio within 5 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 10 winners based on the same criteria.
In the event of a tied result PromoVeritas will independently judge the entries and select the winners.
10. Winner Notification: The Provisional winners will be contacted via the telephone number provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
11. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner does not receive their notification within 28 days, the winner will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
12. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
13. Provided no objection from the winners is received, a winners list will be made available by the Promoter 4 weeks after the close of the Promotion Period, for a period of 8 weeks. It will be at https://www.moreradio.online/bhafc-community-heroes/bhafc-community-heroes/. Winners can object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced the Winner Notification process. However, without prejudice, the Promoter will provide winner information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
14. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
15. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotion and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information we consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
16. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that element for another of equal or greater value.
17. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
18. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to entry page.
19. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
20. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of the Promoter.
22. If any part of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
23. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
24. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
25. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.