Cadbury Creme Egg & Gary Barlow Twitter Prize Draw
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open only to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, aged 18 and over. Directors, management and employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or the agencies or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. In order to enter the Promotion, entrants must agree to a confidential background check and provide suitable information to answer questions to confirm eligibility and help ensure that awarding the Prize to such person will not bring the Promoter into disrepute as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion. Part of this process may also include questions during the winner notification process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain. For the avoidance of doubt, if required by the Promoter, you shall provide identification satisfactory to the Promoter (such as Driving Licence or Passport) and agree to be subject to a social media insight check and civil/criminal searches. If the Promoter is not satisfied (at its sole discretion) with (i) the results of any searches, (ii) any background checks, or (iii) any of the other information provided by you, you will immediately be disqualified.6
4. No purchase is necessary to enter the promotion however internet access and a personal twitter account are required.
5. The promotion will begin at 09:00 GMT on the 20th January 2021 and end at 23.59 GMT on 26th January 2021 inclusive (“Promotion Period”).
6. To enter, log in or sign up to Twitter, locate the Creme Egg x Gary Barlow Tweet on Gary Barlow’s Twitter account (@GaryBarlow) posted on 20th January 2021 and reply tweet with the hashtag #CremeEggGoldenGoobilee and follow @CadburyUK. Entrants must keep their profile on a public setting and continue to follow the @CadburyUK account for 5 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if they are selected as a winner.
i. Main Prizes: 5 winners will each win x 1 video birthday message from Gary Barlow personalised with the winners’ name. The prize will be sent to winners via @CadburyUK Twitter.
ii. Runner-up Prizes: 50 winners will each win 1 x pack of 5 x Cadbury Creme Eggs.
8. Further Prize Details:
i. The personalised video messages will be posted publicly on the @CadburyUK Twitter page tagging the winner in the Tweet. By accepting the Prize, winners agree to this condition.
9. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the Promotion Period. Maximum of 1 Prize per person.
10. Winner Selection: 55 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
11. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via direct message to the Twitter account used on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be given instructions to respond via email to confirm eligibility and acceptance of their Prize within 14 days of initial contact. Main Prize winners will also need to confirm the first name that they want to feature in their personalised message and acknowledge that their video message will be posted publicly (as outlined in clause 7). In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond. If the Promoter is unable to send a direct message to a winners account, that winner will be deemed to have forfeited their Prize and another winner may be selected from the corresponding entries.
12. Prize Acceptance: Winners will receive their Prize within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing GoldenGoobilee@promowinners.com. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
13. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to supply the correct personal information. The Promoter will not be liable for non-delivery of Prizes caused by the provision of wrong information or other causes beyond its control.
14. The entrant must ensure the entry:
I. Is not in breach of these Terms and Conditions
II. Does not contain any material which: (i) is offensive and/or derogatory, (ii) is of a explicit and/or sexual nature, or (iii) is defamatory, violent libellous, obscene or disparages the Promoter or Gary Barlow in any way, or (iv) is otherwise illegal;
III. Is not abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication
IV. does not contain any material which violates any third-party intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade marks, or any other proprietary or personal right); and
V. does not contain any trade/brand logos or references other than incidental inclusion and/or relating to the Promoter’s products.
15. No responsibility will be accepted for any entries lost, mislaid, delayed or not included in the Promotion for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
16. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
19. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize(s) has/have been awarded.
20. Winners may be asked to consent to the Promoter using their name and images in promotional material, for up to a year. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize (including to any guests), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
22. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation, this also includes the selling of prizes to third parties. In the event for any reason the prize winners do not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winners and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
23. If a winner is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any or all element of the relevant prize.
24. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
25. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Twitter.
26. Provided no objection is received by the winners, the surname and county of residence of the winners will be made available by writing to JS11585 Cadburys Creme Egg and Gary Barlow Twitter Prize Draw, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. The winners may object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
27. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, The General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and any successor legislation or other applicable law. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and in accordance with the Promoters’ Data Privacy Notice which can be found at www.cadbury.co.uk/privacy. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion (including any relevant promotional activity) or communicating with entrants.
28. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter, not Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the Promotion unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the Promotion, all Participants agree to give Twitter a complete release from any and all legal liability in connection with the Promotion.
29. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
30. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch whose address is at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.