Hendrick’s Gin’s Unusual Christmas Prize Draw
Full Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information
2. Promoter: William Grant & Sons UK Ltd. Form 1, 17 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9XA,
3. This Promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), its agents and anyone professionally association with this Promotion.
4. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid email address are required.
5. Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 GMT on the 20th November 2020 and 23:59 GMT on the 29th November 2020 inclusive.
6. To Enter: Email your unusual Christmas story or tradition (maximum 250 words) and personal details (name & age) to HendricksUnusualChristmas@promoentries.com to enter. If the word limit is exceeded or the requested details are not provided the entry may be rejected.
7. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the Promotion Period.
8. The Prizes: 1 x winner will win a 2-night getaway in London for 2 x adults (18+), including:
a. Travel expenses covered to a maximum of £400. Travel will be arranged by The Red Consultancy.
b. 2-night stay at the Sea Containers Hotel (standard double room)
c. Dinner at the Sea Containers restaurant
d. Drinks at Lyaness bar, hosted by the Hendrick’s Gin Ambassador
e. Hendrick’s gift hamper featuring 3 bottles of Hendrick’s Gin (x1 classic, x1 Midsummer Solstice, x1 Lunar – all 70cl, 43.4% ABV), 2 Hendrick’s branded highballs and a peculiar Hendrick’s pourer
9. Further Entry & Prize Details and Conditions:
a. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
b. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion for up to one year. Each entrant also grants the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
c. Prize needs to be taken within one year of being claimed.
d. Information on the Sea Containers hotel and restaurant can be found at: https://www.seacontainerslondon.com/
e. Information on Lyaness Bar can be found at: https://lyaness.com/
f. The Hendrick’s gift hamper will be in the winners hotel room when they arrive.
g. The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guests from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
h. You and your guest must abide by any relevant terms and conditions which form part of the prize. Whilst at the venue, you must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, underage, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, carry candles, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage the venue or smoke. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the venue.
i. You and your guest must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the venue/s which form part of your prize. It is your responsibility to ensure that you take care when moving around the venue. Terms and conditions can be found at: https://www.seacontainerslondon.com/terms-conditions/
j. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food other than that stated in the prize description, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
k. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in- room calls or services. Proof of ID and age may also be required.
l. The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of additional meals & snacks, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
m. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
n. The winner must inform the Promoter of any dietary requirements or allergens by 2 weeks prior to attending the restaurant.
o. You must not include any content that infringes or violates the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights, excluding that of the Promoter
p. The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter include the names, likenesses, photographs, or similar of any individual without their express permission.
q. Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
r. Incomplete, illegible, invalid, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to emails.
s. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable.
10. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information
11. Winner Selection: 1 winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
12. Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 14 days of initial contact. Winners will be required to provide a copy of a valid form of ID at this stage. In the event that the winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days or are ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner. If the winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to claim the prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are the winner.
13. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize isn’t received within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winner will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing Hendricksteam@redconsultancy.com. In the event that the winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
14. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain nudity or any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, malicious, indecent, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening or objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin, sexual orientation, disability, age or gender or any other inappropriate content which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour;
d. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
e. promotes any political agenda.
15. Provided no objection is received, if you are the winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to Hendricksteam@redconsultancy.com one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of12 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing Hendricksteam@redconsultancy.com. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
16. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
17. It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and during Prize Acceptance. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
18. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize, seek recovery of its value if the prize has been awarded or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means.
20. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to emails.
21. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
22. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
23. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
25. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
26. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.