Nature Valley Social Terms & Conditions
Full Terms & Conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Facebook and Instagram account are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 BST on the 14th September 2020 and 23:59 BST on the 30th September 2020 inclusive.
- To Enter: Either:
- Log onto your Facebook account (or create one for free) and locate the promotional post on the Nature Valley page. Then, upload photo of nature in a public UK spot as a response to the post;
Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free) and upload a photo of nature in a public UK spot, tagging @naturevalley.uk and including the hashtag #visitnature.
You must keep your Facebook and Instagram profile on public during the Promotion Period and for 4 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
- When taking the picture used for entry, entrants must ensure that they do not trespass on any private property and have permission from any subjects that appear in the image.
- Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person per platform during the Promotion Period.
- Winner Selection: 1 winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries across both Facebook and Instagram received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Winner Notification & Acceptance: The winner will be contacted via the Facebook or Instagram account used upon entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize together with delivery details, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners will have 14 days to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize and provide delivery details.
- The Prize: 1 x bespoke nature day trip in the UK for up to 4 people to a maximum value of £2000. The prize will be personalised with the winner and will include activities, food and transport where possible and up to the maximum value.
- Further Prize Details:
- The Prize will be arranged by email/phone between the Promoter/prize fulfilment agency and the winner. The prize fulfilment agency will make all reasonable efforts to provide the winner with details of the prize at the earliest possible opportunity. The prize fulfilment agency will liaise with the winner via a telephone conversation to discuss the nature trip they wish to have within the remit of the prize. The Promoter will have final discretion on all elements and aspects of how the prize is organised. Once the prize details including dates, locations and (where applicable) activities are confirmed, this cannot be amended or altered by the winner.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out when the prize is arranged with the winner, and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- Travel will be subject to availability at the date of booking the trip.
- The winner must provide a minimum of 1 months’ notice before any preferred departure dates.
- Blackout periods: Christmas, Easter and all bank holidays, defined as 20th December 2020 – 5th January 2021, 2nd April 2021 to 18th April 2021, 3rd May 2021, 31st May 2021 and 30th August 2021.
- Extensions or changes to the Prize will not be allowed unless first authorised by the Promoter.
- All elements of the prize must be taken as one and the winner and their guests must travel together in both directions.
- If deemed necessary by the Promoter, travel insurance will be included for the winner and their guests on the condition that there are no pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical conditions and/or for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and/or their guest are aged 85 or over.
- The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
- Prize must be booked and taken within 12 months of winner notification.
- Winners are responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guests from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guests act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
- All prize winners and guests must abide by any relevant terms and conditions which form part of their Prize. Whilst at any venue or location, they must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs or unless permitted by the venue), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, carry candles, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage the venue or smoke. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winners and/or their guests being required to leave the venue.
- For the purpose of this promotion, children are aged 16 and under and adults are aged 18 or over.
- Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
- contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
- promotes any political agenda.
- Provided no objection is received, if you are the winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by emailing the Promoter at www.promowinners.com/Naturevalley one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during the Winner Notification process. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
- In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
- No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Facebook or Instagram.
- The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
- If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: General Mills UK Ltd, Harman House, 1 George Street, Uxbridge, London UB8 1QQ