Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid email address are required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 10:00am GMT on the 28th of January 2020 and 23.59 GMT on the 31st March 2020 inclusive.
4. To Enter:
1. Take a test drive in a new Nissan car (any new Nissan car or light commercial vehicle (LCV) excluding all Nissan 370Z and GT-R models) at an approved Nissan dealership.
2. After taking the test drive you will be given a leaflet with details about the promotion and a link to register your details (name, email address, mobile phone number) to be entered into the prize draw. You must fill in your details in order to enter, the test drive element of entry will not be sufficient on its own.
3. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the Promotion Period.
4. The winner and any guest must comply with any third-party terms and conditions that form part of the Prize, including but not limited to terms and conditions of: the approved Nissan dealership’s test drive terms and conditions (please consult your dealer prior to taking the test drive), Nissan’s standard test drive terms and conditions which can be found on https://www.nissan.co.uk/legal/terms-conditions.html, UEFA Champions League Tickets Standard Terms and Conditions, and the terms of conditions of the travel provider(s), the accommodation, , and the relevant football stadium. Additionally, the winner and any guest must obey all applicable local Turkish laws and regulations. Failure to comply with applicable laws may result in criminal or civil liability.
5. The Prize Package: 1 winner will win the following prize:
• Return economy flights from London Heathrow to Istanbul for 2 people, including airport transfers within Istanbul.
• Two nights 5* accommodation (at a hotel of the promoter’s choice) on the basis of a shared occupancy of a double/twin room.
• Invitation to a Welcome Party hosted By Nissan.
• Optional Saturday City Tour.
• Pre & Post Match Hospitality in the Nissan area in the UEFA Champions Village.
• Two Match Tickets to the UEFA Champions League Finals taking place on Saturday 30th May (at a time to be confirmed closer to the match date).
• Coach Transfers to and from the hotel to the Welcome Party & Stadium.
6. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The promoter will provide each winner and their guest with return economy flights from London Heathrow to Istanbul departing on 29th May 2020, returning on 31st May 2020. All flights will be booked by the Promoter and the time and date of the flight shall be chosen by the Promoter in its full discretion.
b. All elements of the Prize Package must be taken as part of the same trip.
c. The winner and their guest must travel together in both directions.
d. The Winner will need to collect their UEFA Champions League tickets from a venue in Istanbul of the promoter’s choice. The precise location of the venue will be communicated in advance to the winner before the match day.
e. The winner and any guest may be required to provide proof of age and identity. The winner and any guest must comply with any third-party terms and conditions that form part of the Prize, including but not limited to terms and conditions of: their chosen dealership’s test drive terms and conditions, Nissan’s standard test drive terms and conditions which can be found on https://www.nissan.co.uk/legal/terms-conditions.html, UEFA Champions League Tickets Standard Terms and Conditions, and the terms of conditions of the travel provider(s), the accommodation, and the relevant football stadium. Additionally, the winner and any guest must obey all applicable local Turkish laws and regulations. Failure to comply with applicable laws may result in criminal or civil liability.
f. The winner and any guest must have and maintain valid passports endorsed with all relevant visas and with expiry dates no less than six (6) months following the proposed dates of travel or such other duration as may be required by any relevant regulation. These passports, and their holders, must not be subject to any restrictions on their rights to travel to and from the applicable country or countries. Passport control and in-country authorities may reserve the right to refuse entry to a winner and/or any guest. The promoter shall not be responsible for ensuring the winner’s and/or their guest’s ability to travel nor for any additional costs incurred should entry be refused. The Winner and their guest will be responsible for any visa costs or other costs charged at the airport in Turkey for entry into Istanbul.
g. It is the responsibility of the winner and any guest to check any travel advisories issued by any government or travel department or agency and determine whether they wish to accept the risk of travelling to the destination. The promoter will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage suffered by any winner or any guest arising out of their failure to follow any travel advisories issued by any government or travel department or agency. The winner and any guest must comply with and are responsible for obtaining any inoculation and health regulations required by the Prize destination country.
h. The promoter will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner or their guest should they not redeem the Prize as a result of any government or travel department or agency travel warnings or advisory applicable to the destination country or for any other failure on the winner or their guest’s actions or omissions which prevent them from travelling. The Promoter shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative Prize, provide cash equivalent or other compensation where a winner and/or their guest fail to redeem the Prize for any reason or due to any reasons outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control.
i. The winner and their guest must comply with the terms and limitations of any airline providers, transport providers and the venues involved in the provision of the Prize. In particular, they must comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
j. It is the winner’s responsibility to provide the correct details for them and their guest, and the promoter shall not be responsible for claims/prizes which are lost due to the provision of incorrect or incomplete details.
k. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
l. The winner and their guest are responsible for the behaviour of themselves and any guest whilst enjoying the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guest from taking any element of the Prize if the winner and/or their guest fail to comply with the directions of the promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner and/or their guest fails to comply with any third party terms and conditions that form part of the Prize Package or the winner and/or their guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is anti-social in the Promoter’s opinion or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
m. Whilst taking the Prize, the winner and their guest must not: be drunk, intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, underage to attend any element of the Prize Package, be abusive, threatening, make or incite racial abuse, chant, use offensive language, make obscene gestures, throw items, behave anti-socially, carry laser pens, bring animals (except guide dogs), carry offensive weapons or illegal substances, climb any structure, make excessive noise, offer any item for sale, damage any venue visited as part of the Prize Package or smoke at such venue. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the event/venue.
n. The winner is prohibited from selling, gifting or transferring the UEFA Champions League tickets or any element of the Prize Package.
o. Insurance is not provided as part of the Prize. It will be the winner’s and their guest’s responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurances (including but not limited to health and travel insurance, insurance for theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or chosen by the winner or their guest.
p. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize Package does not include any airport departure or government taxes or visas. These must be paid by the prize winner and their guest.
q. The winner acknowledges that once any element of the Prize Package or any ticket within such package has been issued, the Promoter is not liable or responsible if all or any part of the Prize Package (including but not limited to the relevant UEFA Champions League match) is cancelled, varied, postponed or rescheduled for any reason at any time. The promoter shall be under no obligation to provide an alternative prize in such circumstances or to reimburse any incurred expenses by the winner or their guest as a result of winning or accepting the Prize. Once tickets have been issued, the Promoter, will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, illness of a performer or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter.
r. The winner’s guest must be 18 years or over and a UK resident.
s. A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to the winner’s room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in- room calls or services.
t. The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access requirements.
7. Winner Selection: 1 winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
8. Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via the email address provided on entry within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 14 days of initial contact by email@example.com. In the event that the winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner. If the winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners will have 7 days from the date of initial contact to accept the Prize Package. In the event that the reserve winner does not respond to the initial contact within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner and not award the prize.
9. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for the non-delivery of the winner’s acceptance reaching it for reasons outside of its control (including but not limited to the acceptance communication being sent to a spam folder or other technical issues).
10. Prize Acceptance: The winner will be notified within 7 days of their acceptance of the Prize Package to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that the winner does not receive a notification within 7 days of Prize Acceptance, the winner will have a further 7 days to inform the Promoter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
11. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of residence of the winner will be made available upon request, by writing an email titled “Nissan Prize Draw 2020 WL” to email@example.com one month after the Promotion Period closing date for a period of 8 weeks. The winner is able to object to their surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
12. The Prize Package or any element of it, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
13. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
14. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
15. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or the Winner’s acceptance of or use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
16. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
17. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
18. The Promoter may refuse to award the Prize Package in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize has been awarded.
20. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
21. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
22. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
23. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.