Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of Great Britain aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and an active Twitter account are required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 GMT on the 10th December 2020 and 12:00 (midday) GMT on the 15th December 2020 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Log onto your Twitter account (or create one for free), follow @Walkers_Crisps and locate and quote tweet the promotional tweet stating why you are the ‘biggest Quavers Fan’, including the hashtag #QuaversFlavours to be entered.
5. Winner Selection:
a. 250 entries will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, an independent promotional verification service within 1 day of the close of the Promotion Period.
b. These 250 entries (subject to moderation) will then be independently judged by a panel of judges, including an independent party, within 2 working days from the close of the Promotion Period to select 1 overall winner based on the following criteria:
i. Demonstrate love for Walkers Quavers snacks; and
ii. Originality; and
6. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per social media account during the Promotion Period.
7. The Prizes: 1 winner will win;
a. a lifetime’s supply of Quavers in the form of 4 x 6-packs per month for 1 year, followed by 1 x £3,822 cash (based on 2020 prices)
b. to be the first member of the public to taste the new Quavers Prawn Cocktail and Salt & Vinegar range
c. be part of a photoshoot at the winner’s home.
8. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. By entering this Promotion, the winner consents to take part in marketing activity, including appearing in a photoshoot.
b. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their photo and entry to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. By entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing the photos or entry on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
c. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use the copyright and other intellectual property rights vesting in their entry, and photos from the photoshoot, for all purposes connected with this Promotion, including but not limited to display on the Promoter’s website and any other website of the Promoter or its agents/contractors choosing and use of the entry, or part(s) of the entry, in marketing materials relating to this Promotion for up to one year. Each entrant also grants the Promoter and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any entry if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the Promotion website or in any materials relating to the Promotion. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the licence and rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to this Promotion, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
d. Winner must be available on Monday 21st or Tuesday 22nd December 2020 to take part in the tasting and a photoshoot at their home. The photoshoot may be rescheduled at the sole discretion of the Promoter to adhere to government guidelines.
e. The photoshoot will be in line with all applicable social distancing and government guidelines at the time.
f. The winner must not be self-isolating or shielding on the date of the photoshoot or living with others who are.
g. Information on Coronavirus and government guidelines can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
h. Winner consents to being referred to as the ‘biggest Quavers fan’ or ‘biggest Quaverhead’ in press materials.
9. Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via the Twitter account provided on entry within 1 working day of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 24 hours of initial contact. In the event that the winner does not respond to the initial contact within 24 hours, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the winner. If the winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
10. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winner will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. In the event that the winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
11. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
12. Provided no objection is received, if you are the winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available on www.promowinners.com/quaverssuperfan one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
13. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of the Prizes is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute another prize for it, of equal or greater value.
14. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
15. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Twitter.
16. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, and that Twitter has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
17. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
18. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
19. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations or any delay in performing its obligations within these terms and conditions If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God, or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
22. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
23. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
24. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
25. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Walkers Snacks Limited, 450 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6UW.