Quavers Retro Competition
Full Terms & Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of Great Britain aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Twitter and/or YouTube account are required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 GMT on the 3rd of February 2021 and 23:59 GMT on the 26th of February 2021 inclusive.
4. To Enter:
a. Log onto your Twitter account (or create one for free), and re-tweet @Walkers_Crisps’s promotional video and add your answer to the question alongside it with the hashtag #QuaversFlavours. Only correct answers will receive an entry into the Prize Draw.
b. Log onto your YouTube account (or create one for free), watch the Walkers Crisps promotional video and answer the question in the comments section. Only correct answers will receive an entry into the Prize Draw.
5. Whether an answer is “correct” shall be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, the ‘retro items’ may include objects, persons and/or other things.
6. You must keep your profile on a public setting after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
7. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per social media account during the Promotion Period. Maximum 1 Prize per person.
8. The Prizes:
a. Grand Prize: 1 winner will win 1 x £5,000 cash.
b. Runner Up Prizes: 10 runners up will each receive 1 x year’s supply of Quavers, in the form of a cash equivalent of £78. For the avoidance of doubt, a “year’s supply” of Quavers is based on the daily serving suggestion (in the form of 1 6-pack multipack (6 x 16g bags) of Quavers per week for 1 x year).
9. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. You must not include content that contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery.
b. You must not condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour and not cause offence on the grounds of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age.
c. Winners are responsible for providing correct bank account details and the Promoter will not be liable for any Prize payments made into the wrong bank account.
d. Cash prizes will be offered via BACS or cheque.
10. Winner Selection: A total of 11 winners will be randomly selected from all correct and valid entries received during the Promotion Period. The prize draw will be conducted within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
11. Winner Notification: Each winner will be contacted via the Twitter or YouTube account provided on entry within 14 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prizes, within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
12. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange fulfilment of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
13. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms and Conditions;
b. contain any content that is offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner, or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication;
c. contains or refers to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political agenda.
14. Provided no objection is received, if you are a winner, your surname and county of residence will be made available by www.promowinners.com/QuaversRetro one month after the close of the Promotion, for a period of 8 weeks. You can object to your surname or county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
16. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
17. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to YouTube or Twitter.
18. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with YouTube or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to YouTube or Twitter, and that YouTube or Twitter has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
19. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
20. An entry must be made directly by the individual entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will be not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
21. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
22. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prizes have been awarded.
23. The Promoter, will not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) global or regional health crises, weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, famine, plague or other natural calamities and acts of God or any other circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter.
25. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
26. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
27. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
28. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter:. Walkers Snacks Ltd, 450 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6UW