Sainsbury’s – Sport Relief 2020 Scratchcard promotion
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Sainsbury’s – Sport Relief 2020 Scratchcard promotion
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CLAIMING A PRIZE: Prizes must be claimed by 30.04.20, with the sole exception of the 50p off Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream Coupon which must be claimed by 30.03.20. You must retain your scratchcard to claim your prize. Winners (with the exception of the winners of the 50p off Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream Coupons) should call the Freephone number under the scratch panel to claim their prize. Details on each prize can be found at www.sainsburys.co.uk/sports-relief-2020-terms-conditions. Prizes are as stated and not transferable.
SCRATCHCARD DRAW: If you do not wish to claim your prize or were not a winner, you can send your scratchcard to JS10400 Sport Relief, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF, to be received by 30.04.20 where it will be entered into a prize draw to win any unclaimed major prizes. Please fill in your details on the right of the scratchcard. For full terms and conditions visit www.sainsburys.co.uk/sports-relief-2020-terms-conditions.
COUPON: Coupon prizes for Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream 460ml: Coupon must be redeemed by 30.03.20. To redeem, collect a tub of Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream 460ml in store, take to the checkout and present the voucher to the cashier, or post in collection slot at self-check-out, when paying. Coupon can also be redeemed against Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream 340kcal, 460ml. The products against which the coupon is redeemable are subject to availability and only available in stores with freezer space. Only one coupon per product. Coupon cannot be redeemed online.
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. Sport Relief is an initiative of Comic Relief, a registered charity in England and Wales (326568) and Scotland (SC039730), which is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (01806414) with its registered address at 1st Floor, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP.
3. No refunds will be given on scratchcards purchased.
4. Purchase is necessary to participate in this promotion. Please retain your scratchcard as this will be required for validation and in order for the winner to receive the Prize.
5. 1,000,000 scratchcards will be available for sale and there is no limit on the number of scratchcards that may be purchased by any individual.
6. Winners should call the Freephone number under the scratch panel by 30.04.20 to claim their prize. Any claims received that do not meet the requirements stated in these terms and conditions or are received after the claim period, will be void and invalid.
7. Prizes : The prizes available to be won include the following:
a) 1 x Holiday to San Francisco for 2 adults which includes 6 nights at the Galleria Park Hotel in San Francisco (based on shared occupancy in a standard double or twin room with breakfast included), return economy flights from the winner’s nearest international airport with a luggage allowance of 20kg per traveller, transfers from the airport to the hotel;
b) 6 x £250 Virgin Experience Day gift cards;
c) 1 x Samsung QE55Q70R (2019) QLED HDR 1000 4K Ultra HD Smart TV;
d) 10 x JBL Live 500 headphones;
e) 10 x Fitbit Versa 2 Smart Fitness Watch;
f) 10 x Sony Bluetooth Sound Bar;
g) 5 x Amazon Echo;
h) 40 x Wembley Stadium tour (for two);
i) 35 x Nike Premier League Strike Football;
j) 200 x £10 Sainsbury’s voucher;
k) 100 x £20 Argos voucher;
l) 945,282 x 50p off Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream 460ml coupons.
8. Further Prize Details & Conditions:
i. Holiday to San Francisco:
a) The holiday must be taken by 31.05.21 (subject to availability). At least 6 weeks’ advance notice of preferred date of stay must be given. The holiday cannot be taken for the following excluded dates: Valentine’s Day, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Easter, school holidays and Bank Holiday periods in the UK (“Excluded Dates”).
b) A winner or a guest who are under 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged over 18. Therefore, either the winner or the winner’s guest must be aged over 18 for the winner to be able to take the holiday prize.
c) The winner and guest must be travelling together in both directions.
d) It is a condition of prize acceptance that a valid travel insurance policy must be purchased by the winner and their guest for the travel period.
e) For the avoidance of doubt, the prizes do not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prizes will be responsible for any such costs.
f) Airline seats are subject to availability. Once flight tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown. No alternatives are available, and name changes to the flights once confirmed are not permitted.
g) The winner and their guests must abide by and are subject to the airline’s published Conditions of Carriage.
h) The winner and their guest will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas are the responsibility of the winner and their guest/s. In the event the winner or their guest are unable to travel due to visa or other personal circumstances, no alternative tickets will be issued, and no compensation or other prize will be provided.
i) Accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered depending on availability.
j) The winners are solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
k) A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
l) The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or their guest from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or if the winner and/or their guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
m) The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
n) The winner will not be entitled to any compensation and will have no claim against the organisers if the holiday or any other event forming part of the prize is delayed, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
ii. Sainsbury’s and Argos Gift Vouchers
a) Sainsbury’s Vouchers are subject to the following terms and conditions that can be found on sainsburys.co.uk.
b) Argos Vouchers are subject to the following terms and conditions that can be found on argos.co.uk/.
c) Argos Vouchers must be used by the expiry date indicated on the voucher.
d) Sainsbury’s Vouchers must be used by the expiry date indicated on the voucher.
e) Vouchers must be redeemed against subsequent transactions. The sale or offering for sale, transfer, resale, donation, or exchange of any voucher is strictly prohibited (including, without limitation, in person or online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel vouchers and withdraw or make void any entry or voucher awarded if they find this has occurred.
f) If products are returned in accordance with the Sainsbury’s and Argos refund policies, any refund will be credited to the Voucher.
g) If purchases qualify for promotional Argos vouchers but are returned under the Argos 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, the voucher must be returned. If the voucher is not returned, the amount will be deducted from the refund. Argos promotional vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
iii. Virgin Experience Day
a) You must book and take your Virgin Experience Day using your gift card within 9 months of issue, so winners may have a shorter time to claim at the point they are received by them. Gift Cards may be used as full or part payment of any experience at virginexperiencedays.co.uk. If your experience is less expensive than the value of the (£250), the difference will be held as a credit to use against any future purchase up until the expiry date of your voucher. All vouchers will state the exact date of expiry upon receiving their prize. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
9. Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream 460ml is only available in stores with freezer space and therefore fulfilment of the voucher is only possible in selected stores and is subject to availability. If you experience difficulty redeeming a 50p off coupon in larger stores please seek assistance from the store employees.
10. Prizes can only be fulfilled to UK addressees.
11. Prizes will be distributed via a transportation or courier service that may require a signature on receipt at the stated address on the scratch card or as otherwise directed by the winner.
12. Once eligibility of a prize is confirmed and a prize is accepted, if you are a winner, you will be notified within 14 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery/fulfilment of your Prize (with the exception of the 50p off Jude’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream Coupon). In the unlikely event that your Prize doesn’t arrive within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, you will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing SainsburysSportRelief2020@promowinners.com. In the event that a winner does not inform the Promoter within this time frame, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
13. In the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
14. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to the Freephone number.
15. The Promoter together with any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
16. Should an act, omission, event or circumstance occur which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms & Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
17. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize in the event of any entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, breach or non-entitlement under these Terms & Conditions or seek recovery of its value if the Prize(s) has/have been awarded.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to replace a prize with another of the same or higher value in the event that a prize is unavailable. The Prizes must be taken as stated, are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation.
19. The Prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner in the following cases:
a) If you are unable to receive the prize for whatever reason.
b) If you have informed us do not wish to accept a Prize.
c) If you have not responded to the initial winner notification as described in clause 13.
20. Winners who do not wish to claim their prize or were not a winner have the option of entering a prize draw for the chance to win any other unclaimed major prizes by sending in their scratchcard to JS10400 Sport Relief, PO Box 704, Pinner, HA5 9PF by 30.04.20. The prize draw will contain all major unclaimed prizes. The prize draw will be conducted within 14 days of 30.04.20. The prize draw winners will be selected at random , and will be notified by post, email or phone by 31.05.20. The winner will be given 14 days to respond to the initial winner notification and accept their prize. In the event that a winner has not responded within 14 days of initial winner notification then the winner shall be disqualified. If a winner is disqualified, the promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to another entrant selected in the same way. All prizes won in the prize draw will be despatched within 28 days of prize acceptance.
21. A list of winners’ names will be available from 31.05.20 for a duration of 2 months at promowinners.com/SainsburysSportRelief20Scratchcard. Winners may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity, however they are free to refuse to participate in any such publicity.
22. The sale or offering for sale, transfer, resale, donation, or exchange of any Scratchcard is strictly prohibited (including, without limitation, in person or online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the validity of any Scratchcard, and withdraw or make void any entry or prize awarded if they find this has occurred.
23. The decision of the Promoter in all matters is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
24. Play responsibly. Visit gambleaware.co.uk for more information.
26. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
27. By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
28. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions will prevail.
29. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
30. The Holborn Fundraising Society. Promoted by Tania Smith, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT. DO NOT SEND SCRATCH CARDS OR ANY OTHER CORRESPONDENCE TO THIS ADDRESS. The Holborn Fundraising Society is licensed with the Gambling Commission, License number 000-005192-N-307423-010.